Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Promises...

"A promise never intended to be kept is a lie." - Matthew Vander Plow

I was biking yesterday morning and saw a rainbow. It was the first time in years that I had actually seen a fully arched rainbow. It reminded me of the story of Noah and how that rainbow was a reminder to future generations that God would never deluge the world in a global flood ever again.

We all make promises to ourselves, to others, and to God. But how many of them do we make as a part of duress or to quell an argument or other situation? God takes promises very seriously and as His creations, we should also hold them in high regard.

How did it feel when someone made a promise but never kept it? I have had many promises broken and let me tell you, it did not feel right at all. I have also broken promises myself and I felt awful when it happened.

We need to be careful of the promises we make because someone is always keeping score... Take time to mend some broken promises and be wary of new ones you make and be sure that you can follow through with them to completion.


"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise." - Author Unknown



Matty

No comments: