Thursday, May 11, 2006

Freedom...

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide." - Napoleon Bonaparte


You can be free from being overweight. It takes dedication, commitment, & faith. Making the right choices, following through, not dwelling on mistakes, all are needed in order to reach freedom from our fleshy prisons.

I do liken being overweight to being incarcerated. Limited mobility, depression, rampant vices and urges, many of the same things you think of when you think of prison or jail. But you no longer have to be a prisoner of your body. By making changes to your lifestyle that will last, you can be paroled into a new life. Again I say paroled because these changes are going to last the rest of your life - kinda like parole.

I enjoy new freedoms that my previous weight had kept me away from. I jog now. I bike. I play on the swingset with my son. I can buy clothes at Target or Old Navy. As you lose weight, you too will see new freedoms opening up for you. You can do this, break free from the chains of fat...

"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Matty

No comments: