Friday, June 23, 2006

Identity...

"He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." - Raymond Hull


Ever have an identity crisis? I am currently working my way through one. Actually I think I have been in one all my life. I've turned into a shapeshifter over the years to battle with fear and the need for acceptance from other people. I can get into a social situation and key in on what people are talking about and most of the time sound intelligent talking about it. To make friends I have found what others were interested in and then learned all I could about it so we had something to talk about.

I've been into comics, basketball cards, cars, computers, video games, hunting, guns, you name it. Now I have gotten to the point where I want to be accepted for who I am. But who am I? That's the $100,000 question.

Don't be pressured or try to revolve your life around what others think of you. If it takes things to impress people, then those aren't the people I want to spend time with.

How do you get through the identity crisis? Not sure. I take it day by day and trust that God will direct me. I am me. A guy that was determined to lose weight. I am a guy that has a passion to get his story out to inspire others. I am accepted by Christ...


"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - e.e. cummings


Matty

No comments: