Friday, June 09, 2006

Anxiety...

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - Author Unknown


My stomach is in knots. Is it worry? Is it anxiety? Why do we worry about stuff that we have no control over? Dr. Covey talks about changing your thinking to things within your circle of influence and things outside your circle of influence. The things inside the circle of influence are things that you can change yourself. Those outside the circle are things you cannot change.

The trick is to sort out what you can change and what you cannot change. I will do that today. Figure out what is within my circle of influence and that which is not a part of it. After those have been sorted, it comes down to figuring out how to change what can be changed -whether it be an attitude about something, positive mindset, a physical change. That will take time as well as you assess what can be done. But we all need to do that. You cannot go on and worry about things that you have no control over.

But I am struggling today. Problem with a co-worker that I cannot seem to shake. Life is never easy and I never expected it to be...

But I will resolve to figure out what I can do to change what is in my circle of influence.


"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere." - Glenn Turner


Matty

No comments: