Friday, September 28, 2007

Anniversaries...

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that." - Michael Leunig

My dearest Brenda,

11 years ago today you and I became husband and wife. It's been a strange and wonderful trip. We have had our share of good times and bad times over the years. I am thankful each day for you. I am thankful for finding someone that was able to look past the exterior and see into my heart.

Both of us have matured and our love for eachother has grown exponentially, founded in our faith in Jesus Christ.

I know this may sound odd, but sometimes secular musicians get some sentiments right in their music. I heard this lyric and it reminded me so much of us:

"Trust I seek and I find in you,
Each day for us something new,
Open minds for a different view,
And nothing else matters..."

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that I don't want to experience any of it without you.

I can't offer you much in the way of gifts this year for our anniversary, but what I can offer is my undying love and the culmination of my efforts to live a healthier lifestyle.

Today is the day that I chose to release my book to the world. A book that without your love, support, & encouragement would never have been written. I dedicate it to you and my prayer is that others would be touched and inspired through it.

Thank you for loving me no matter what...

Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com
"Dead Man Walking: A Weight Loss Story" e-Book is now available!

No comments: