Friday, September 14, 2007

Defeat...

"No one ever excused his way to success." - Dave Del Dotto


I was thinking about this the past couple of days. I guess it has become a theme this week, my audio podcast & video show also deal with this topic. Those thoughts that tend to creep into our minds, telling us that we are worthless or try to get us off task really can be pursuasive. I fought like hell this week with thoughts of sleeping in and not jogging or exercising, thoughts of defeat because I was unable to get out to walk before work because of traffic. Worries about personal & family problems, that voice telling me to just splurge and eat to make myself feel better.

If anything it would make things worse. Sometimes we fall into that self-defeat pit and quickly need to get out of it. The longer we wallow in it, the harder it is to see daylight and hope. We start believing these thoughts and that only pulls us down deeper.

If you get a negative thought, you need to replace it right away with a positive one. Have a bad experience? Train yourself to look for a positive in that negative. Life is a learning experience...


"Pessimism is an excuse for not trying and a guarantee to a personal failure." - Bill Clinton


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com
A free sample chapter of my new book is available for download!

No comments: