Friday, September 07, 2007

Contentment

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed." - Mohandas K. Gandhi


This week's episode of "The Fattening of America" deals with contentment. This is a really tough issue to deal with in today's society. I often find myself wishing and dreaming for a new car, new house, new video game hardware and the like. I know deep down that none of that stuff will satisfy me. We tend to compensate for poor self-image by acquiring things to make us look more important or to garner some feeling of envy from others.

Contentment is something that I struggle with daily. I need to keep telling myself that I need to be content with who I am first. I need to come to grips with my strengths, weaknesses, talents, & skills and tell myself that I am valuable.

Be content with WHO you are but never WHERE you are... There's a difference...


"You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy." - Eric Hoffer


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com
A sample chapter of my book is available for download!

No comments: