Friday, October 05, 2007

Moving On...

"You can't unscramble eggs..." - Joel Osteen

I heard this while on my jog this morning, I was listening to Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. The point he was making with the above quote is that you need to move through whatever pain, guilt, or whatever is holding you back. You can't continue to live in the past, remembering each and every time you fell down on your journey. You need to move on and start fresh, the past is the past.

Sometimes we find ourselves dwelling a little too long on things that have gotten us off track. We need to remember that each day is a new day, a time to start fresh. The chains of the past are broken, the future is ahead of us - full of promise and excitement.

I've been struggling with this for a little while now, not letting go of somethings that have been chaining me to the past. Today is different. I am choosing to move on and look forward to the excitement that awaits me and my family.

Tonight I am participating in the annual chili cook off here in town, my third year. I've used it to promote my speaking business and website. Now that my book is available, I will promote that as well. Hope I make an impression...


"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com
"Dead Man Walking: A Weight Loss Journey" e-Book is on sale now!

No comments: