Friday, December 01, 2006

Matty's Monthly Update - November 2006

Well another holiday has come and gone. Hard to believe that another year on my weight loss journey is close to the end. Lots of memories and lots of things to look forward to as well.

To get the weight out of the way, no gain/no loss. Staying steady at 251lbs, which to think about Thanksgiving and the few days that followed where I fell off the wagon - this is a good thing. I need to take time to re-group after Christmas and come up with a more effective attack plan to kick-start the weight loss again.

Some more exciting things happened this month, I wound up in the Grand Rapids Press twice this past month. One time I was a part of their 'Vital Signs' column where they pick someone that has changed their lifestyle in a healthy way. The second ended up on the front page of the Lakeshore Grand Rapids Press on Thanksgiving Day:

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-8/1164268436145990.xml?grpress?NELK&coll=6

It was a well-received article, I even got phone calls and comments from some of our agency's clients...

I also recently completed my 10th speech for Toastmasters (www.toastmasters.org), which gives me the designation of Certified ToastMaster. I am excited about this and the continuing journey through the club. It has helped me immensely in my pursuit of becoming a public speaker.

My webshow, "The Fattening of America" is gaining momentum (www.youtube.com/user/phatteningphilms), I have had over 100 hits on several episodes and even a couple of subscribers. I hope to keep this project going to get my message out there to inspire others...

I saw my doctor for the first time in a year yesterday. He was very impressed and relayed that all of my lab work came out near perfect. Cholesterol, sodium, protein, calcium, blood sugar were all in the optimal ranges. My blood pressure came in at 116/60, which was excellent. He had commented on the articles and mentioned that now that I had such noteriety, I have no choice but to keep going. How right he is...
Well, that's another month! Thank you all again for being a part of my support system!

Matty (I weighed more than Jared from Subway)
481/251/225(starting weight/current weight/goal weight)

First mini goal achieved - 104lbs lost 10/26/04Second mini goal achieved - 137lbs lost 01/28/05Third mini goal achieved - 183lbs lost 09/30/05Fourth mini goal achieved - 204lbs total lost 01/30/06Fifth mini goal achieved - 233lbs total lost by 08/31/06Sixth mini goal - 256lbs total lost by 02/24/2007

No comments: