Monday, November 27, 2006

Post-Turkey Day Blues

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas." - Author Unknown


Yep. Tried hard to stick with the plan of attack that I blogged about last time as far as the Thanksgiving festivities were concerned. The thing is, one day of splurging turned into another and snowballed into a long weekend of going over in calories. But today is a new day, a new beginning.

Before I would have given up and said "screw this" and ate myself into even more misery. But I am determined to get back on track today. Holidays come and go, but my lifestyle change is for the rest of my life.

Some say that the holidays are some of the worst times to start a "diet" or lifestyle change. Well, there is no time like the present. I am not an ironman, I am just a regular guy that decided to get back up and press on instead of wallowing in self-pity.

You can make the choice today to press on or wallow. I hope you choose to press on...



"Clogged with yesterday's excess, the body drags the mind down with it." - Horace


Matty



PS - Was on the front page of the Lakeshore edition of the Grand Rapids Press:

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-8/1164268436145990.xml?grpress?NELK&coll=6

Enjoy!

No comments: