Sunday, July 09, 2006

Summer...

"Do what we can, summer will have its flies." - Ralph Waldo Emerson



I think summer is a magical time of year. Fresh produce at farmer's markets, people out and about enjoying the sunshine, just a time where laziness finds honor and nobility.

It's harder as well to keep up with the exercise program as the heat and humidity seem to sap my energy and strength. But I press on through the sweat and fatigue. I need to continue the struggle and overcome these lazy tendencies.

Had a wonderful time with my wife's family on the 4th of July. I was able to keep up with my son and nephews, doing cannonballs, climbing and swinging, just having a grand old time. They kept commenting how much weight I've lost - we don't see eachother so often so they can see a difference.

I sent out the first batch of letters to local organizations offering speaking engagements. I pray that I receive some sort of response. I really feel that this is my calling - talking to people about weightloss and inspiring them to change their lives for the better. Time will tell...

Keep pressing on, the journey is long and hard but it is worth it.


"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it." - Russel Baker


Matty

No comments: