Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Assistance...

"It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little - do what you can." - Sydney Smith

I asked my oldest son if he would like to go to Home Depot with me to pick up some weedkiller. His response melted my heart and made me laugh at the same time, "I would be glad to assist you at the store..."

It was sweet, but also very poigniant at the same time. I know he couldn't do much but be company on the trip but at least he was willing to do that little part. Look around you today, how can you be of help to someone? Giving up your seat on the bus or subway. Help someone load their groceries into their vehicle. A tiny act of kindness can not only help others but also makes you feel good and uplifts your spirits. What kind of assistance can you give today??


"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something." - Author Unknown


MattyV
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: