Friday, October 19, 2007

Vanity...

"Vanity is so secure in the heart of man that everyone wants to be admired: even I who write this, and you who read this." - Blaise Pascal


Struggling with this myself. Vanity. Who would have thought that me, myself, I would be struggling with vanity? I guess I never had anything to be vain about appearance-wise. I was a 500+lb guy with a limited wardrobe and no real sense of style.

Now with losing almost half my bodyweight, I am seeking out the "hip" clothing from "cool" designers and clothing stores. I drool over getting deals on Polo, Nautica, American Eagle, & Hollister clothing. Sometimes I feel like a kid in a candy store when I see clothes in MY size.

I need to rein things in a bit. I am on this lifestyle journey for one reason - to get healthy and inspire others to do the same. I did not choose this change to be able to flaunt it, but rather to be a beacon to others that they too can change their lives for the better.

I need to teach myself this lesson, it's not just about me - it's about others as well...


"The surest cure for vanity is loneliness." - Thomas Wolfe

Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com
"Dead Man Walking: A Weight Loss Journey" e-Book is now on sale!

No comments: