Saturday, May 26, 2007

Fear...

"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." - Mary Manin Morrissey

A friend of mine postulated the question to me on my fear of achieving my weight goal. I blew the question off as ridiculous, me, afraid of reaching my goal? As the words rolled over and over in my brain, it began to sink in. Maybe I am afraid of reaching my goal, maybe I am afraid of success. I have been at the bottom of the barrel all my life, how could I even attempt to think that I would be worthy of success?

It's not that unbelievable, I recount a few times where I could see that I deliberately sabotaged my eating/exercise. Why would I want to do that to myself?

These fears/negative feelings need to be pushed aside. We are all worthy of success. Success is not something that is just for those that think they deserve it. You and I are worth pursuing success, we can achieve success, it is reachable. It is within our grasp as long as we are COMMITTED to that goal.

"There is a time to take counsel of your fears, and there is a time to never listen to any fear." - George S. Patton

Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: