Friday, March 02, 2007

Matty's Monthly Update - February 2007

A new month awaits...

Outside the freezing snow is coming down, one of those days you wish you could just snuggle up at home under a warm blanket while sipping some hot coffee or tea.Sitting here at my desk I put together a "snowy day" mix of songs to listen to while working. Of course Led Zeppelin's "The Rain Song" is required as well as some moreobscure tunes from the likes Chuck Mangione (master of the flugelhorn) and The Smiths...

The past month has been a whirlwind of excitement and growth. Things are starting to happen at a fast pace and it is hard right now to get a grip on the wheel.Some highlights (if you hadn't heard about them before):

* First paying speaking engagement - Oakland CRC in Hamilton, MI. They heard me on JQ99fm and inquired about having me come out to speak.One of the comments I received was encouraging, "It wasn't just about your weight loss. Anyone in the audience could have taken something away from whatyou had to say and apply it to their own lives..."

* Featured on MacMedia Television's "Lakeshore Living" with Wendy Wigger - turns out the host of the program is the director of wellness at Priority Health.She is planning on contacting me in the future to come out and speak to their clients.

* Yet another article in the Holland Sentinel - promoting my speaking engagement at Herrick Library and also my fledgling business, 4:13 Fitness Concepts

* Featured on WZZM-13's "Real People" segment - promoting my speaking engagement at Herrick Library (www.wzzm13.com, click on "videos" and scroll down the list to find it)

* Speaking engagement at Herrick Library - around 127 people signed up to come in and hear me speak, about 80-90 showed up. The original venue was booked at leasta month prior and there was a waiting list. I spoke with the coordinator about it and she was able to get the auditorium at Herrick Library which can seat up to 200 people.I had a great response for a new venture I am starting called "Matty's Motivators", which is an email accountability program. 18 people have signed up so far, which I think is a great response!

* www.iweighedmorethanjared.com - the website is doing well, I am averaging about 30-50 visits a day and the contest for my book title continues on."Almost-Dead Man Walking: 4 Keys for Successful and Realistic Weight Loss" is the front-runner so far...

So many things, so many new opportunities to explore and expand.

I am truly happy to say that this month, despite some off days, I have ended a 2 month stall! I weighed in this morning at 254lbs, which is a 2lbs loss!

Continue to think of me as I solicit more speaking engagements from schools, businesses, civic groups, & churches. And don't forget tobookmark www.iweighedmorethanjared.com to keep track of more exciting stuff!

3 years and counting, with the rest of my life to go...

Matty V.
510/254/210
(starting weight/current weight/goal weight)
New Mini-Goals!Mini-Goal #1 - get my morning jog up 4.8mi by 03/31/07
Mini-Goal #2 - 300lbs total lost by 08/31/07

No comments: