Friday, March 30, 2007

Matty's Monthly Update - March 2007

Where to begin...

This last month was filled with a plethora of good times and bad times. All were growing experiences and I have learned a lot about myself and my capabilities.

I try to use these monthly updates as an encouragement tool, something for people to read and gain some strength or inspiration. Sometimes I feel as though I am gloating in a way. That has not and is not my intention. I do apologize if these updates feel that way from time to time.

I am glad to report that another 2lbs are off! That brings my current weight to 252lbs and the total lost to 258lbs. I keep reminding myself that the last 50 or so pounds tend to be the hardest to lose. I miss the months of losing 10-12-14lbs...

Here are some other highlights from the month:

* Won 1st place in my Toastmasters Club's International Speech Contest. I will be competing at the area contest next Saturday. From there if I win I will move to the division contest and on to the international contest where I would compete against winners from all over the world.
One contest at a time, though...

* Ran my first 5k race a couple of Fridays ago. 39min 12sec was my time, a lot faster than I thought I would do. Had a lot of fun and am planning on doing it again in May with the "Run for Habitat" 5k.

* "The Fattening of America" is starting to blow up on YouTube. I have 19 subscribers that tune in to my show every week and many more that view the episodes without subscribing. Many of my episodes so far have had over 300 views! Very exciting!

* Stage one of my triathlon training is completed. I now run 4.91mi (or 7.9k) in about 70min (14min mile). Next is biking 22.8mi in one trip...

If you haven't been to my website in a while, check it out (www.iweighedmorethanjared.com). I have added a few things, including a new sample chapter of the book I am writing on my weight loss adventures...



Thank you all once again for being a big part of my weight loss journey. You guys keep me honest!



Matty (www.iweighedmorethanjared.com)
510/252/210
(starting weight/current weight/goal weight)

* mini goal achieved - jog 7k by 03/31/07
* mini goal - 300lbs total lost by 09/30/07

No comments: