Friday, January 26, 2007

Integrity...

"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester W. Nimitz

Had a bit of clarity today. I was getting ice and originally was going to set the trays aside. but instead I refilled them and put them back in the freezer. That was a sign of integrity. We need to remind ourselves of this wherever we are. I fail almost on a daily basis. I can remember going grocery shopping last week, we only had so much to spend and in doing a quick calculation, I had too much in the cart. I took some things out and instead of walking them back to their proper place, I just left them on a shelf. It would have taken me all of 2 minutes to go back and place the items back where I got them. But I didn't.

Integrity is important and we all need to think about that on a daily basis. What kind of an example am I going to present to others today? What kind of example am I going to portray to my wife, children, peers, co-workers?

I look back at this week and there are things that I wished I had done differently. Maybe this next week I will remember that and make a difference...



"Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good." - Author Unknown

Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: