Friday, January 19, 2007

Don't give up...

"When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty." - Woody Allen


Overheard a conversation a while ago. "I'm not dieting any more. I am just going to watch what I eat and cut down. I'm not going to exercise either..."

See, that is the mentality that diets bring. A negative, beaten-down mentality.

What we (you and I) are attempting is a lifestyle change. This connotation has promise, flexibility, changeability. Don't let feelings of inadequacy or defeat permeate your mind. All it takes is a little poison to spoil your progress. You can overcome these feelings, it takes motivation, determination, & a positive mental picture.

We all have our off days. I've had a few off days this week but I refuse to let them spoil the accomplishment I have achieved. Over 200lbs in a little less than 3 years without medication or surgery is a HUGE accomplishment. Even maintaining a loss of 1lb a week is a HUGE accomplishment.

Look at your lifestyle change and see the positives. Talk to friends and co-workers. Smile. You are worth a lot more than you think!


"The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life." - Cyril Connolly, "The Unquiet Grave"

No comments: