Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My race results...

Bib #138
Name Matthew Vanderplow
Residence Location Zeeland MI
Sex M
Age Division 35-39
Current Age 35
Chip Time 41:35
Clock Time 41:48
Overall Place 74th
Sex Place 37
Age Division Place 5
Global Division Place 31.7%

Soooooo, what does all that mean?
- I didn't place last overall (79 contestants, I passed 4 people including 2 teenage girls)
- I didn't place last for the men (38 male contestants, I passed an older gentleman that really tried hard)
- I did place last in my division (5 males, 35-39 age division, I was twice the time of another 35yr old)
- I placed in the 31.7% of other 35-39 males that completed a 5k race in the same timeframe around the globe (anything over 60%, or a time of 22 minutes would place me in the normal class for my age group)

ANDDDDDDDDD, according to the computer chip I was 6 minutes and 12 seconds FASTER than my first 5k race time. This is a HUGE deal to me, my hard work is starting to pay off. I am beginning to see results both on the scale and with my endurance. Wished I had some of my friends there to celebrate with, today was definitely a day to celebrate...


MattyV
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: