Friday, May 02, 2008

Boredom...

"Grasp your opportunities, no matter how poor your health; nothing is worse for your health than boredom." - Mignon McLaughlin


I struggle with boredom and have been falling into old habits of eating when I am not hungry and just bored. There are plenty of things I could be doing, but rather don't have the gumption or energy to do them.

That's when I (and possibly yourself) need to take a stand and just find something to do. Something that engages our brains and our bodies, something that takes our pre-programmed synapses of eating mindlessly and transfers that energy to something more productive.

Join with me, won't you? Let's try hard to re-program our brains to better ourselves when we are bored...

"Boredom is an emptiness filled with insistence." - Leo Stein


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: