Friday, July 27, 2007

Running...

"If you don't get lost, there's a chance you may never be found." ~Author Unknown


Was listening to a podcast from Joel Olsteen, pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, TX. The message was all about identity and who we are. How we shouldn't feel like we are competing with others by driving the better car, having a better job, being smarter - what have you.

We are each in our own race and we need to remember that. He made the analogy of someone's neighbor praying for an hour every day and they don't even go to church. How that would make someone have to "compete" or "out-do" that person in some way. I've found that I have been guilty of that, seeing some of the totals on the weight loss support group. Seeing some people's numbers going down and my own as stagnant. I want to whine and just say "to heck with it" or get a burning desire to try and "out-do" that person.

What I get is burned out and depressed. But thanks to Joel, I can actually encourage and praise those people for their efforts instead of being bitter. They have their race, I have mine. Their goal maybe closer than mine, but we will both see the finish line.

Neil, EXCELLENT JOB! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP ON INSPIRING OTHERS!


"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." ~Henry David Thoreau


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: