Friday, February 09, 2007

Adversity...

"If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience." - Robert Fulghum

Just got off the phone with someone that I know a little bit, not too closely but well enough to be able to chit-chat with. I could tell she was troubled and was asking me about my weight loss and about my involvement with Dave Ramsey.

I could hear the pain in her voice, I think she was getting to the crossroads where I was when I finally made the decision to change my life and lose weight. The vibe of the conversation was starting to weigh down on me, I wanted to help as much as I could and give as much encouragement as I could muster.

Sometimes it takes the weight of the world pushing down on you or the crashing down of the walls of your life to finally come back to the realization that what you were doing wasn't working. Dave Ramsey likes to call it having a "Prozac moment" when we teeter on the edge blissfully unaware of the danger.

Life is filled with adversity. It's how we deal with it and how we let it affect us that determines our future. I will be praying for her today...


"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders." - Jewish Proverb

Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: