Monday, August 14, 2006

Unity 2006 Music Festival Roundup

Well, I am back from my experience at Unity 2006. I am tired but glad I did it. It was a new experience that I will treasure.
I met some interesting people and had a good time overall. And I got to express my appreciation to the men and women that wrote/perform the song
that has become the anthem to my lifestyle change - Superchic[k]. The two who were really impressed and happy for me were
Matthew(bass guitar/vocals/synthesizer) & Melisa (rhythm guitar/background vocals).

I asked each of the members to sign my volunteer shirt and put down their favorite bible verse, and here they are:

Matthew (bass guitar/vocals/synthesizer) : Philipians 4:6-7 - 'Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.'

Brandon (drums) - Genesis 1:1 - 'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.'

Dave (lead guitar) - 1 Corinthians 1:8-9 - 'He will keep you strong right up to the end, and he will keep you free from all blame on the great day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will surely do this for you, for he always does just what he says, and he is the one who invited you into this wonderful friendship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord'

Tricia (lead vocals) - Job 23: 8-10 - 'I go east, but he is not there. I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I turn to the south, but I cannot find him. But he knows where I am going. And when he has tested me like gold in a fire, he will pronounce me innocent.'

Melisa (rhythm guitar/background vocals) - Psalm 139:14 - 'Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous and how well I know it.'

I didn't think I could volunteer and contribute, but I got out there and stretched myself. I was glad that I had the opportunity, and I will possibly be open to volunteering again next year (for 1 or 2 days, not all again - my son and wife missed me too much). I will definitely consider taking the whole family, there was a lot to do and the food prices were really family-friendly...

I would never have imagined being a volunteer several years ago, but with my weightloss has come an urge to try new things. this is a good thing and I pray that it continues.

Here are a few photos from my experience:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My signed volunteer shirt



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Newsboys



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Superchic[k] ready to rock the house



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thousand Foot Krutch giving out their "Rawkfist"



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hawk Nelson rockin' the joint...

No comments: