Friday, January 25, 2008

Vices...

"How like herrings and onions our vices are in the morning after we have committed them."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Have your bad habits gotten the best of you? Have you given up on your lifestyle change (or New Year's resolution) because it became too difficult? Experts say that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit or form a good habit. I keep trying to pound this one truth home - falling off the wagon is not failure - failure is not even trying.

I have fallen time and time again, gone over in calories - refused to exercise or jog, and I have beaten myself up over it. Then I get right back onto the plan and start over again. Each day is a new day to start over. Why beat yourself up over past mistakes? Start with a clean slate and positive state of mind!

"It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations." - Walter Bagehot


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: