Friday, April 20, 2007

Leadership...

"A leader leads by example, whether he intends to or not." - Author Unknown


After a talk and some reconciliation this week, I've come to realize that I am a leader. Call me the 'reluctant leader' of sorts because there are some areas where I would rather step back and follow than lead. But I learned that this is not an option for a leader. When you are a leader, you are leading by example in EVERY area of your life - and that is a hard thing for me to grasp.

I mean, I thought I saw myself more as a guide than a leader - but what is a guide? Someone who leads...

This whole concept of leadership is overwhelming. I cannot say that I have been "thrust" into it, rather through my life, experiences, and trials I have "grown" into it. Sometimes I wish I could just step back and not have all these eyes watching me, but deep down I have a feeling that this is something I was born to become. I struggle daily with it, battling my hardest against it, but I suppose I need to step aside and let it sink in - I am a leader.

Who knows? I may grow to enjoy it and grow other leaders along the way...

"Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders." - Tom Peters


Matty
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

No comments: